You have a tattoo new and do you think it is not healing well? If you have symptoms such as a lot of inflammation and purulent discharge, then you tattoo It is not healing well and, in fact, it is infected. To prevent the infection from getting worse and spreading, you have to start to cure it as soon as possible.
Not sure how to treat it correctly? Then you have found the right place. In a COMO we offer you a simple guide on how to cure an infected tattoo at home with the steps to do it correctly and some home remedies.
How to know if a tattoo is infected – symptoms
In case you still have doubts about whether your tattoo is healing well or not and if it is becoming infected. We give you a list of main symptoms of an infected tattoo:
- Secretion with pus (whitish, yellowish or greenish)
- The image of tattoo deforms
- Intense pain
- Great touch sensitivity
- Bad smell
They are usually bacterial infections, but fungal or fungal infections can also occur. In this article you can see photos of infected tattoos, like the one on the cover or the one below. The tattoos they can become infected during the tattooing session while small wounds are made, or in after the session, during the healing process both immediately and in the weeks it may take to heal completely.
We also recommend you read this other article by COMO on How to know if a tattoo is infected.
How to cure an infected tattoo at home step by step
Before a tattoo infection it is vital that you begin to cure it as soon as possible. However, as soon as you do the first basic cures it is necessary that you go to the doctor To assess the situation and the severity of the infection and adjust the treatment to be the most appropriate to your specific case. We also recommend go to the tattoo studio in which you did it to comment what happened, especially if you consider that you had followed all the appropriate steps for the normal cure of the tattoo.
These are the recommendations on how to cure an infected tattoo at home step by step, taking into account that these are basic cures or first aid, which does not replace the visit to the doctor.
- Clean the wounds of the tattoo as well as possible. Use warm water, sterile gauze to dry the area with soft touches and remove remnants of suppuration, excess ink and blood.
- When the area is clean, apply an antibiotic cream for infected tattoos. You can buy it in pharmacies and, in fact, surely the doctor will prescribe one. It is not the ointment or cream to cure and heal tattoos (such as Bepanthol or Blastoestimulin for tattoos), but specific ointments or antibiotic creams that contain antibiotics such as mupirocin or others, such as Mupirocin, Bactroban, Fucidine, Diprogenta, Plasimine creams , etc.
- Cover the entire tattoo area with gauze and a piece of plastic paper or film and tape that holds everything well.
- Perform this cure twice a day minimum, as you see the evolution of the skin. When the main symptoms begin to subside and you feel better you can start using the ointment or healing cream to regenerate the skin of the tattoo so that it looks good, but not before. Note that the process is practically the same as when you only have to apply the basic cream for tattoo healing, to moisturize and regenerate the skin, and that it is basically to replace a cream to cure tattoos with an antibiotic tattoo cream.
Remember that the ideal is that the same day you detect it go to the doctor and that these steps are done as an emergency and first aid measure if you consider that it will take several hours or even days to go to the doctor.
How to cure a tattoo infected with home remedies
If you are looking Home remedies to cure an infected tattoo, so we want to tell you that it is not the best to try to solve it only with these remedies because infections spread very quickly and it is better to use specific antibiotic creams that have a much faster action, apart from proper hygiene.
However, it is appropriate to use natural products as a reinforcement of the treatment of an infected tattoo and in this way the antibacterial action will be more potent and will last longer, being able to act both externally when applied on the skin such as creams and internally, something also necessary, when taking the foods or natural products in the habitual feeding and in infusions. Therefore, we recommend that you include certain foods, in your dishes or in infusions in your daily diet while treating the tattoo infection, and that you only apply externally with a gauze cold infusions to clean the wound, let it air until Dry it and then redo the healing process explained above. The appropriate vegetable oils can also be applied between cures and let the skin absorb them completely, and then later perform the next cure.
The natural products suitable to cure an infected tattoo they are the ones that have antibacterial, antiseptic and healing properties.
- aloe vera
- Coconut oil
- Rosehip oil
- Almonds oil
- Tea tree oil (mixed a few drops in one of the above)
In this other article we show you what are the natural antibiotics.
How long does it take to cure an infected tattoo
This is a doubt that many people who have this problem have, but the truth is that it will depend on various factors, although of course it will take much longer than if it were the cure and basic healing of the new tattoo.
He time it takes to cure an infected tattoo It will depend on the size of the tattoo, the degree of infection and the spread of the infection, as well as whether a superinfection appears, that is, a second infection on the existing one, such as a fungal infection on a bacterial one. The best thing is that as soon as we realize that the tattoo It is not healing well, then let's start with the basic cures, medical treatment and also apply some remedies to finish treating it well.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to cure an infected tattoo, we recommend that you enter our category of Beauty and Personal Care.